Started Jun 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
itchhh
Senior MemberPosts: 6,846
Like?
Re: Explain this to me
In reply to Chato, Jun 10, 2012

Chato wrote:

itchhh wrote:

Nothing that legalises the rights of Gay people, takes away any right that you have. If such was the case, you would have a legitimate grivance. But it doesn't, and you don't...

They had to break the constitution and the peoples vote to do it. I'd say this is a good start!

Are you saying that I can ban the practice of your religion if I can 51 percent of the voters to agree on this?

The Courts rulling can be summarised quite simply. (pardon the quotes) "In order to take away rights from citizens, one has to demonstrate harm by leaving these rights in place."

Are you saying that the Federal Courts acted Unconstitutionally be over turning Oklahoma's ban on Islam?

What is your limit in this question; i.e. What limits are there on a 51 percent majority?

No limits? Some Limits?

The people voted Dave, its that simple... If you don't like something as the residents in Calf apparently didn't, you follow the process of creating a bill having it voted on. You out of most on the board I would expect to understand this. You're also incorrect about Ok, they put ban on Shariah law superceeding our governing laws... they didn't ban "Islam".

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
spamNew
NopeNew
easyNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow