Anders W
Forum ProPosts: 15,516Gear list
Like?
Re: May be we should do a survey on how many E-M5
In reply to Henry Richardson, Jun 10, 2012

Henry Richardson wrote:

P S wrote:

owners have the same problem.

The closest to a complete list of all E-M5 owners is the list that Olympus has of people who have registered their purchase with them. Of course, not everyone has done that, but it is the most complete list of worldwide buyers. The next problem is how you get the list and how you contact all those owners. Then you will have to carefully educate each of them about how to test their camera. Good luck though. Please let us know the details of what is discovered.

Ever heard of George Gallup and the idea of random sampling Henry?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Gallup

And if this problem is indeed a matter of copy-to-copy variation, the members of this forum are probably random enough to give a decent indication.

What I find more interesting than the mere proportion of users experiencing the problem though is a more specific understanding of the cause than we currently have. As far as I can see, there are two major hypotheses right now:

1. Some (but not all) copies give rise to the problem with any user.

2. All copies give rise to the problem with some (but not all) users.

Unless we get user reports suggesting that the problem disappears when the camera is repaired or exchanged, the way forward seems to be tests of the kind suggested by acahaya earlier in the thread, where multiple persons try the same camera.

This sort of problem is difficult to get a handle on. I have experience with it. Only Olympus is likely to know or be able to find out why only some (or if only some) seem to have a problem.

Anders W's gear list:Anders W's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +18 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
SighNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow