m4/3 digital Bessa

Started Jun 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
peppermonkey
Senior MemberPosts: 2,589Gear list
Like?
Zeiss Ikon Rangefinder
In reply to floyd_of_oz, Jun 10, 2012

That's what I want. A digital Zeiss Ikon Rangefinder.

Course, if we are talking about affordability, then a digital Voigtlander Bessa R2 etc. would be most welcome.

What's the likelihood of either? Well, probably not very good. Oh well. Guess I'll just have to keep on hoping Panasonic will bring one out since I can't see Oly coming out with a rangefinder'ish camera, what with their OM styling direction.

floyd_of_oz wrote:

What do you think the chances are, that one day if we are lucky, we may see a Voigtlander m4/3 Bessa rangefinder.

This would suit their m4/3 lenses brilliantly!

Cant begin to explain how happy this would make me! Very happy with my lumix m4/3 bodies, but I do long for a classic manual body like the classic film slrs and the leica m..not a middle of the road compromise like the xpro1

I havnt used a bessa before and dont know what the RF/VF quality is like...however I imagine its pretty good, and if they can make the bessa range as affordable as it is, and they can technically slap a digital sensor in it (see the epson digital RF thingy they did)...seems totally doable

-- hide signature --

Hubert

My cameras: GF1, Fed 2, TZ3, Konica Auto S2, K1000, Yashica Electro 35 GX, Recesky and my wife's old K110D

http://www.flickr.com/photos/peppermonkey/

peppermonkey's gear list:peppermonkey's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ3 Pentax K110D Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow