Is the E-pl1 the greatest mirrorless camera of all time?

Started Jun 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
tedolf
Forum ProPosts: 15,799Gear list
Like?
Re: Is the E-pl1 the greatest mirrorless camera of all time?
In reply to MrScorpio, Jun 10, 2012

MrScorpio wrote:

Hi Tedolph

Ig you haven't tried the omd, do it. I know it it kicking in open doors saying this, but it deserves to be said, it is a masterpiece.

I did try one yesterday.

Very nice camera.

Problem is it cost 7X what an E-pl1 costs.

I am personally waiting for the 150 mm prime to compensate for the lack of shallow dof though, but on the other hand the deeper dof is to me very helpful in macro photography, so bad in one way, but good in another...

90mm works fine for shallow DOF. See if you can pick up an f/2.8 or a 105mm f\2.8.

Yesterday (same day I tried the OM-d) I picked up a 135mm super Talumar f/3.5 for $39.00!

Should be great on the E-pl1.

It also deserves to be pointed out that you are a very nice guy and a good contributor to the forum when not being rude and offensive, so keep on taking your prescriptions... (joke!)

But it is so much more fun being rude and offiensive!

-- hide signature --

Tedolph, RIP

tedolf's gear list:tedolf's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:2.8 Pancake Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Hey!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow