Started Jun 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
RevolvingSheep
Junior MemberPosts: 43
Like?
Help me with my list, please.
Jun 10, 2012

I am starting a multimedia company that will provide photography, graphic design, and audio engineering initially. I am thinking that at first, I will focus on the photography side of things.

Here are some photographic services I am thinking of providing...

Portraits (outdoors and indoors, but I do not have access to a studio)
Products
Small events (I'm thinking 100 people or less... or maybe 50 or less)
Gatherings (such as camping gatherings, drum circles, after parties)
Children
Pets
Couples and friends
Fine Art Commisions

Right now I own a Nikon D90, a 35mm f1.8 and a decent tripod. I am thinking that I will probably want a wide angle lens, a lens that is proficient for portraiture (is my 35mm ok?), and probably a zoom lens in case I'm shooting any events where I can't get up close. I might want a 2nd camera - perhaps another D90 or a camera that is on a more professional scale. Also, I have been planning on buying a Nikon SB700... but what about the 910? Are there any suggestions for other accessories I might want to look at as well?

I have taken both film and digital photography classes. I have yet to take the studio photography and advanced digital classes at my College... which I will take this Fall and next Spring. I am also taking the Entrepreneurship certificate program in the Fall.

Thanks for any suggestions. Links to appropriate sites online or books/magazines would be appreciated as well, but I prefer a good discussion with other photographers whenever possible.

Nikon D90
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow