Started Jun 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Dan Bolger
Senior MemberPosts: 2,879Gear list
Like?
Raptor in Flight Workshop (15 images)
Jun 10, 2012

The workshop was given by Raymond Barlow (member here) and was held at the Canadian Raptors Conservancy here in southwestern Ontario. There were about ten of us (Ray apologized as he likes to keep the size down to about 6, but this was his last until the fall. It was fine and I got to drool over some pretty impressive equipment).

This was my first real chance to shoot with the D300 (bought used back in April) and my New Sigma 50-500 OS and boy was it FUN! Fun but also hard as I had never tried shooting bif like this and I came away with a new appreciation for those that do this type of photography.

All birds are captive, more shots in my gallery and I still a few to PP. I hope to go back in the fall and try my luck with the Bald Eagles (they were molting so not flying) and the Snowy Owl, for anyone in the area I believe it is a very worthwhile day out.

CC welcomed and thanks for looking.

Barn Owl

1)

2)

3)

4)

Harris Hawk

5)

6)

7)

Great Horned Owl

8)

9)

10)

11)

Kestrel

12)

13)

14)

and a Red Tail Hawk with the sigma 10-20 (cropped)

-- hide signature --

Dan

London, Canada
http://www.flickr.com/photos/d_bolger/
D300, rest of gear listed in profile
WSSA member #94

Dan Bolger's gear list:Dan Bolger's gear list
Nikon D80 Nikon D300 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED VR Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Sigma 50-500mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM +1 more
Nikon D300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
WowNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow