A touch screen??? What is Canon smoking?

Started Jun 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ken53
Senior MemberPosts: 1,830
Like?
A touch screen??? What is Canon smoking?
Jun 10, 2012

How many see the touch screen on the T4i as an asset to better images?

I need to explain my post a little before any jumps on me for bashing the T4i. I am a pretty loyal Canon fan for many reasons, and in the market to buy a DSLR this year. My T2i has been keeping me happy so far, but like most of us, I find better IQ, is always a reason to consider a new body. It looks like this year will bring better IQ to the T4i, 7DII, and the 70D. The 5D and 1D already started the ball rolling.

Now back to my point. I see the touch screen as a gimmick. If it really was a useful tool, then why isn’t offered on the new 5D and 1D. A touch screen not being offered to the pro market is a clear indication of how beneficial it is to getting home good images. I find it somewhat insulting that Canon assumes the Rebel buyer might be wowed and awed by such trinkets like a touch screen.

The T4i looks to be an upgrade worth considering for a few real world improvements…. but a touch screen?… , come on Canon…, come back down to earth and reconnect with your real customers.

Thanks for listening to my rant.

Ken

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Yes.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow