Started Jun 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Reilly Diefenbach
Senior MemberPosts: 8,068Gear list
Like?
It's Been Great.
Jun 10, 2012

My D7000 got a new home yesterday, which was a bit sad. The happy new owner was moving up from a D70. The D7000 gave me more good pics than all the cameras I've had in well over fifty years of shooting combined. It is a superb instrument in every way, and I never had a single problem with it in 22,000 clicks. To have such a device capable of hanging in there with the really big, expensive stuff was and is a dream come true for a lot of folks.

I've learned an incredible amount of stuff from the people in this forum. Ray Soares has been my mentor regarding technique. He has helped me get the sharpest shots of which the D7000 is capable. Anyone who feels they aren't reaching the full potential of the D7000 or any of the other Nikons might want to start with Ray's thread, it's the top one on the "most bookmarked" further down on the right side of this page.

I now devote most of my attention to extracting the maximum goodness from the D800e, which is better than the D7000, but not by that much, as it turns out. :^) It's definitely heavier. The more monied denizens of the D4/D800 forum are even more opinionated than some of you guys, (I include myself) which is not an easy bar to raise. But we try...

Nikon has been on a major roll, with camera after camera coming out and blowing away what little competition they had. We should all enjoy the ride!

Nikon D4 Nikon D70 Nikon D7000 Nikon D800E
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow