Started Jun 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Legion5
Senior MemberPosts: 1,047
Like?
Lenses I want announced tomorrow...
Jun 10, 2012

Canon 35mm 1.4 L Mark II - Updated coatings, better than 24mm II sharpness - $1400

Why?

It's embarassing that Nikon has a 35mm 1.4 that isn't over a decade old and is much better than ours.

Canon 135mm 1.8 L IS - Updated coatings, faster aperture, sharper and IS. - $1800

Why?

Sony already makes this lens sans IS with slightly worse purple fringing at the $1800 price point. Improve on the PF and add IS to their design and you have a winner.

Canon 50mm 1.4 L - a weather sealed super charged 50mm 1.4 - $900

Why?

It's embarassing that Canon doesn't have a professional grade 50mm lens focused on image quality instead of aperture. If you're going to make an L lens that is so focused on fast aperture that it sacrifices everything else like the 50mm 1.2L you need another one that satisfies the people who want sharpness. I think Canon might be affraid that making such a lens will canibalize 50mm 1.2L sales, but really people who want a sharp 50mm are just going to get the 1.4 and then Canon loses out on a lot of money.

Anyone else have a top 3 realistic lenses you want announced right away?

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
thisNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow