Without better lenses, the Pentax Q is a wasted effort

Started Jun 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
Edgar Matias
Regular MemberPosts: 168Gear list
Like?
Re: RX100 and upcoming "LX7/ZX-2"- how can the Q mount survive?
In reply to Raist3d, Jun 10, 2012

Raist3d,

How about this for a plan...

Release a hard plastic version of the current Q with the 01 Prime, and price it to sell.

Release a metal Q with the biggest sensor that the mount will support. I don't know if that's 2/3" or 1/1.63", but go with the biggest that will fit.

Release an F1.0 normal prime and an F1-ish portrait prime.

If they did that, I think it would all sell like hotcakes, and be very profitable for Pentax.

BTW, my initial interest in the Q was for product photography. I wanted a fast pancake normal lens with lots of DoF -- so I don't have to worry about lighting conditions too much. I also wanted a good video shooter. I considered lots of cameras -- as well as lusting after an m43.

I still haven't found what I'm looking for, but the Olympus XZ-1 is the closest so far. However, I want a Pentax Q. If they give me the lenses, I'll buy one. If they don't, I'll wait and get an XZ-2 or X100.

Edgar Matias's gear list:Edgar Matias's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF5 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow