ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
EJJB
New MemberPosts: 17
Like?
Photographs of the groom
Jun 10, 2012

Hi

I have been asked to take pictures of the groom getting ready for his wedding, and am hoping to get some advice as to what shots I should be taking and how I should go about it.

I am not a wedding photographer or a pro, and have no desire to be. I do not have a back up camera, (I have a dslr and a P&S) and have told the couple this and they understand the implications of this. I have told them that if there are any must have shots, they should let the pro photographer know so they will be guaranteed these pictures. The pro photographer will be with the bride before the wedding which is why I have been asked to take pictures of the groom. Is this usual or does the pro normally have a second person to take pictures of the groom ?

I have found a list in one of the forums of suggested photos of the groom and narrowed it down to this

= Groom shaving
_ Groom putting on Tuxedo
_ Groom having tie adjusted by Best Man
_ Groom looking at watch
_ All Male attendents looking at watches, expectantly
_ Groom pinning on father's boutonniere
_ Groom putting corsage on Mother
_ Groom putting on bow tie

As I see it the pro should be taking all the important family shots (right?)

From your experience are there any other shots that i should be taking ? Groom getting into car or arriving at the venue ? I have given this list to the couple and am awaiting them to get back to me - the wedding is 6 months away yet !

What questions should I be asking to best prepare myself ? I have asked the couple who will be with the groom, what the location will be and times of what will be happening when. I understand that all this will no doubt change before the event !

Do you know of any galleries that have good (or bad) examples of the groom getting ready that I can look at and get inspiration from ?

Thank you

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow