Minimal Barcelona. 1 Camera + 2 Pancakes.

Started Jun 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Michael St. Jean
Forum MemberPosts: 77
Like?
Minimal Barcelona. 1 Camera + 2 Pancakes.
Jun 10, 2012

Many of us on this forum probably spend more time thinking about what gear to bring with us on a trip than we do actually planning the trip itself.

In May I went to Barcelona for a week and did the unthinkable - I left the majority of my lenses at home. Instead I choose to travel very light bringing only the GF1 and 14mm and 20mm pancakes and spent the week walking the city with a GF1 + mounted pancake lens in one cargo pant pocket and pancake lens in the other.

This was actually more liberating that having a bag of lenses covering every photographic possibility. I personally like the discipline of using primes and working with what you have. I also liked being low key and hands free experience the city and culture without a "look at me I am a tourist" camera around my neck.

My Barcelona Flickr Set is here http://www.flickr.com/photos/stjeanm/sets/72157630025006548/

Below are a couple samples:

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow