D3200 - Missing Bracketing function - any solutions?

Started Jun 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
Polyglot92
Senior MemberPosts: 1,465
Like?
Re: D3200 - Missing Bracketing function - any solutions?
In reply to Michel F, Jun 10, 2012

Michel F wrote:

Tony, like I mentioned, you just have to shoot with the camera set to burst mode (D5100 is 4 FPS and the D300 is 3 or 6 FPS). When bracketing is enabled, you hold the shutter and the camera will do the work for you.

The interval exposures depend on the camera you use. The D5100 is limited I am told. I have only used it to take -1, 0 and +1 EV shots so far. The D300 has more options when bracketing.

aesmith wrote:

What is the interval between exposures when you're auto bracketing (on cameras that support the function of course). I'm surprised it would be quick enough to avoid the effects you mention. Or does it not actually take multiple exposures - instead do some internal trickery to save different versions of the one shot?

Thanks, Tony S

Michel F wrote:

In many instances, manually bracketing will not work. The time it takes to move the > exposure compensation up and down manually is enough to make the leaves blurry > on a windy day and show cloud or water movement.

-- hide signature --

DX cameras (including the D7000) tend to go up to + and - 2EV only, which is usually the most suitable setting (better than + and - 1).

If the dynamic range of a scene very large, though, (strong lights and shade, inside/outside), you will want to enlarge the bracketing range with exposure compensation. Here's a link ot a good explanation:

http://www.hdriblog.com/2011/01/02/nikon-d7000-hdr/

This won't work for moving subjets such as leaves in the wind (ghosting from certain moving subjects such as people walking through the scene can sometimes be removed by good HDR software, but I don't believe it works for leaves waving back and forth).

-- hide signature --

D5000 - Nikkor AF-S DX 18-105mm F/3.5-5.6G ED VR - Nikkor AF-S 50mm f/1.4 G - Nikkor AF-S 70-300mm VR - Canon PowerShot S95 - Canon PowerShot S3

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow