Started Jun 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
SpaceDoc
Senior MemberPosts: 1,392
Like?
Lightroom 4 corrupting RAW files / 'Unexpected end-of-file' error'
Jun 10, 2012

I have an issue with Lightroom 4 which seems to corrupt my Nikon D800 NEF(RAW) files.

Here's my procedure description:

• import NEF-files from memory card (various, not just one, not just one brand) to MacBook through Lexar Card Reader

• import NEF-files into Adobe Lightroom 4

• from time to time a message 'Unexpected end-of-file' error' shows up

• in this case the file can not be opened any more at various levels: sometimes I can still zoom in, sometimes not.

• opening the NEF-file in another program, ie. Mac Preview, leads to a corrupted file at various levels, with coloured lines from the bottom of the picture upwards, at various levels and strengths.

• Export of the files is not possible

• 'date modified' in Mac's "Finder" does not change!

Until this evening I sometimes had the impression that over time the bad part of the photo became bigger over time.

Tonight I had worked on a NEF-file in Lightroom with no problem. Later I went through the different photos for sorting ('star levels') again ... and suddenly one file gave me the 'Unexpected end-of-file' error' message. Opening the file in Preview showed the same symptoms. This time I still had the original file on the memory card so I could copy it over again. After copying the original file into the directory Lightroom 4 accesses the photo opened without any problems, including the changes I had earlier made in Lightroom.

Has anyone experienced the same problem so far? I searched but could not find anything.

I am very scared now and frustrated that a RAW converter as Adobe Lightroom destroys RAW files!

Any help and hints extremely appreciated!
eT

Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow