Hey, let's share how we first met our Sony alphas.

Started Jun 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
Mike Courtney
Regular MemberPosts: 253
Like?
Re: Hey, let's share how we first met our Sony alphas.
In reply to Grassjelly, Jun 10, 2012

Well, my SLR experience started with Minolta. I still have my X-700 and lenses...haven't used them in nine years, but I still have that film system.

When I got into digital, I went with a Fuji S602Z. A good digicam to learn with...but not a DSLR. A friend of mine had a Canon DSLR that I took a look at and used on a fall photo trip. I was impressed enough with the DSLR that I started looking at Konica-Minolta...just after Sony bought them out.

The Minolta DNA was in the Sony, so I went with Sony...bought an A100, 18-70 and 75-300 lenses. However, the A100 was slower than my Fuji on multiple shots. Just about then, the A700 popped up...and it covered a multitude of problems with the A100. So, that was the next step.

I picked up a Minolta 500mm mirror and a Sony 18-250. The 18-250 rarely comes off my camera.

Then Sony decides to drop the A700...without replacing it.

I started looking for a second A700, but didn't find one that I thought was worth the asking price.

I bought a Sigma 10-20 zoom and started hearing about the A77. I was interested until I saw the price. The A65 was released about the same time and I like what I read about it and the price was better. I went for the A65. The only dislike I have with the A65 is that there's no battery grip. The grip with the A700 gives it more balance and it fits my hands better. So far, I haven't changed my mind, but in time, I may get an A77. Just received my Tamron 90mm macro. Fun times ahead.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow