Successfully using a Manfrotto product table?

Started Jun 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
DerekCoastside
New MemberPosts: 11
Like?
Successfully using a Manfrotto product table?
Jun 10, 2012

Does anyone have experience using a Manfrotto product table? ( http://www.manfrotto.us/still-life-table-w-white-translucent-plexiglass-788x4925 )

I am a photography student, and I use them in our photo lab and at the company that I work for (taking food photography shots). Before my lab or employeer purchased one of these 800-ish dollar product tables, I either used large rolls of white paper, or table clothes to make a white sweep.

I use the product tables at work and in the lab all the time, but I feel like there is some special way to use it...I mean, it costs over 800 dollars, and when I am in my photography lab and someone else is using the product table, I can just pull out the large roll of white paper and get a photo that looks the same.

My question: is there something special I can do with these product tables? Like...what really makes these tables better than a large piece of paper?

Ultimately, none of these tables are minem but if any of you guys have experience using this table/other tables, could you give any input on how to use them?

At work, we dont have flashes so I side light my subjects and bounce it with a silver reflector for fill on the other side.

At the lab, I'll usually boom a light over the table with a large softbox with prophoto lights.

Suggestions?

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow