Why right wing leaders are so aggressive?

Started Jun 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
Chato
Forum ProPosts: 42,798Gear list
Like?
Re: Why right wing leaders are so aggressive?
In reply to Bill Randall, Jun 10, 2012

Bill Randall wrote:

Chato wrote:

Bill Randall wrote:

We not only have people who refuse to work, we also have people that will do the bare minimum.

Normal people ...just don't want to sit around all day long doing nothing...scrounging off the system. Normal/healthy human beings want a lot more than a GOVT pittance and to live a decent life.

Good grief! You do live in la la land. We have those that do sit around all day. Certainly normal/healthy human beings want a lot more than a GOVT pittance and to live a decent life, but not all are willing to earn it.

In my experience of meeting and observing hundreds if not thousands of underpaid workers every year, the over whelming majority are ready to work as hard as the job requires. If the job doesn't require hard work, then they don't - But whose fault is that?

No arguement from me about the majority being ready to work as hard as the job requires. And before someone brings up our current economic situation of people who want to work but cannot find a job, I am sympathetic to their situation.

And all of these people, even the handful of slackers, need a job. There is no government program that comes NEAR to paying the eqivalent of $10 bucks an hour.

Parenting comes close. Although the amount paid by the government to single moms with children varies, at least one state provides the mom with $ 1,500 per child per month. 40 hours per week x 4 weeks = 160 hours. $ 1,500 divided by 160 hours equals $ 9.38 per hours. For two children you can double this = $ 18.76. I think there may be a requirement for them to work X number of hours per week. So they get their hourly pay from the job plus the government.

I am not aware of this. Can you provide me with a link?

Dave

-- hide signature --

"Everyone who has ever lived, has lived in Modern Times"

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow