ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
robbo d
Contributing MemberPosts: 593Gear list
Like?
Kx / K-01 video questions please.
Jun 10, 2012

Hi Team,

I never thought I would use much video on my DSLR, but my youngest has taken to longboarding, my oldest to car drifiting and want me to take video.

I went to take photos the other day, so I took my Kx and 55-300 to isolate the longboard action. He then wanted me to shoot video, so got stuck with the wrong lens. The auto focus was pathetic and the audio picked up the AF bumping away, which kind of sounded like his board going over bumps. When in focus, the image quality was great.

1. I gather the kit lens 18-55 would be a far better bet due to better depth of field and IMO slightly better AF speed ?

2. I found the audio on the Kx not too bad other than it picking up my lens chattering away, can you fit an external mic to the Kx? doesnt look like it.....

3. The K-01 is beginning to come into the frame for me on a number of fronts as an optional body; I use legacy glass, love the focus peaking, like macro shooting, my first digi was prmarily a live view only Fuji, and it looks quite video capable...is that true??

4. Someone on here posted a photo of their K-01 with an external video mic......are you out there......???? What can you tell me about its video qualities, the mic, where to get one, cost etc

5. I also like the look of the DA 18-135. More and more real users posting crisp shots with awesome colours, despite initial reviews. Does anyone use that lens with video on the k-01 or K5 and is the good AF on that a help for video??

6. Any good advice on basic video editing software or free downloads for me to practice on ??

Thinking of narrowing my next purchase to a K-01 with 18-135, to suit a number of areas of my needs.

Appreciate the forum experts and real world users advice here guys. Video has not been my forte. Cheers Rob

Pentax K-01 Pentax K-5 Pentax K-x
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow