Started Jun 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Stone316
New MemberPosts: 13
Like?
I was about to buy a 60d...
Jun 9, 2012

I have a Rebel Xsi and was about to buy a Canon 60d earlier this week until I heard of the impending T4i release.

Let me first start by saying why I was looking to upgrade to the 60d. I take alot of sports photography (my son plays competitive soccer, daughter swimming ,etc), so the 9 point AF system, 5.3 fps, etc seemed like a worthy upgrade to the XSi. As well, I am tired of carrying around a camcorder for video. I don't take alot of video, usually just a few minutes here or there. The last reason was that its on sale this week up here in Canada for 1299 with the 18-200 lens. I find the 18-55 kit lens is too small for a carry around and constantly have to switch lenses.

So with the t4i release it has muddied the waters quite a bit. Right now I have 3 scenarios in mind:

1. Buy the T4i with 18-135 - 1199
2. Buy the 60d with 18-200 - 1299
3. Buy a 18-200 lens and wait for the 70d.

I'm really tempted to go with option 3, but i'm afraid the 70d when released will be out of my price range. 1299 for the 60d right now is at its limit, so its pretty likely.

I'm really tempted to go with option 1 but I was really looking forward to that 18-200 lens.

I am going to a wedding the first week of July and was hoping to have a new camera for it. I'm not sure if the T4i will be available by then.

One question, how useful is video on the 60d/t3i? Does anyone even use it? If you have those cameras, do you wish it had the upcoming AF during video? (I know, its too early to tell what its going to be like...)

Any thoughts?

Canon EOS 60D Canon EOS 650D (EOS Rebel T4i / EOS Kiss X6i) Canon EOS 70D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow