Fibonacci number (?) or sequence (?) in photography. Please explain simply.

Started Jun 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
luisflorit
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,861Gear list
Like?
Re: Fibonacci number (?) or sequence (?) in photography. Please explain simply.
In reply to RMillward, Jun 9, 2012

RMillward wrote:

To me, your "explanations" sounds like someone pontificating on something they don't fully understand but nevertheless wish to be seen to be an "expert."

MMmm.... interesting... And why do you think I'm not an 'expert'... and on what?

An alternate view might be: the Fibonacci Grid (which is the correct term when referring to artistic representation) and the Goldeon Ratio are inextricably linked with 2,500 years of Western art and composition (that you can free form compose pictures that turn out ok probably says more about your absorption of that cultural environment than your engineering knowledge). if you HAD any formal art training - which every photographer who wants to take more than vacation snaps would benefit from - you'd already know the Fibonacci Grid is not a LAW, it is a GUIDELINE. Learn to "see" it, and your photographs will improve. Even you could probably learn it within hours, were you not so willfully obtuse and apparently stuck on demonstrating how little you actually know, I sincerely hope the OP is not deterred from purusuing this because of your pompous and ill-informed rants.

Could you please enlighten us explaining why the golden ratio is so much better than, say, the rule of thirds or 21/13? That is: could you please point out ANY photography where applying the golden ratio gives an essentially different composition from applying the rule of thirds?

If not, please, keep your insults to yourself.

Thanks,
L.

-
My gallery: http://luis.impa.br/photo/new

Oly E5/E3 + 12-60 + 50-200 + EC14 + EC20 + FL50R
Pany FZ50 + Oly FL50 + TCON17 + Raynox 150 & 250

luisflorit's gear list:luisflorit's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital 2.0x Teleconverter EC-20 Olympus Zuiko Digital 1.4x Teleconverter EC-14 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow