Flickr?

Started Jun 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
Guidenet
Forum ProPosts: 12,436Gear list
Like?
Re: DPR Gallery?
In reply to Saffron_Blaze, Jun 9, 2012

Saffron_Blaze wrote:

BTW, very kind comments on my photography. I said to a friend earlier today I would probably still take the images even if no one ever looked at them, but it is certainly appreciated when people do:)

Well, my friend, I agree with you so much so that I created three extra albums that are called 300 club, 400 club and 500 club. These hold images that have received 300, 400 and 500 or more views respectively. I do this because I feel good doing it. I somehow judge myself on those views, though my Jan has told be it could be a double edged sword sort of thing. A lot of people could be looking at one to see how poorly a photo can be. I also have fun moving one from say 300 to 400 Club album.

Another thing I've noticed is that images here which are not completely and accurately tagged do not get the views of an image that is. The same goes for lazy descriptions and titles. The images where the author leaves the camera assigned number like DC109492 instead of giving it a proper title also don't get as many views. The same with description and Camera information. Lens information is a must also. People use it to see what a lens they are considering can do. When the Search modes get better, this will be even more important. People will search by camera and lens.

But also remember what I also said. Your images and your documentary are important as a learning tool for a novice. It's important to have you as a gallery member regardless on who or what comments on them. People will learn and that's important, so make sure you use good Titles and Descriptions. Make sure you use plenty of tags and make sure you properly record the camera and lens. The program automatically picks up the shooting information.

I'd also have separate albums for your various travels like one for Cotswold and one for Turkey and so on. Where you don't have enough, it could be General Travel.

Thank you again and have a nice weekend.

-- hide signature --

Cheers, Craig

Follow me on Twitter @craighardingsr : Equipment in Profile

Guidenet's gear list:Guidenet's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D700 Nikon D3S Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6G ED-IF +24 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow