DXO Optics Pro

Started Jun 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
Robgo2
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,437
Like?
Re: DXO Optics Pro
In reply to pentaxnut, Jun 9, 2012

pentaxnut wrote:

Have you been to Cape Breton, NS in the fall?

Those images are, as I said, a little hot....not as much as you might think. The difference is comparable to no glasses/orange sunglasses...or an orange filter....

So far, it has been easier to process these in DXO than ACR/CS4.

Been using the latter for several years now, and do not claim to be an expert....

Been using the former for, literally, a couple of days...

Color me impressed...first session was frustrating, after that everything seemed to fit...

Haven't tried printing from DXO yet...got that nailed in CS4 (graduate level course), but I'll see what DXO can do in that department....

And seriously, if the colors look neon to you (yes, as I said, they are a little over the top) mebee it is time to re calibrate your display.....

My display is calibrated. If you do not find the colors in your samples to be grossly exaggerated, then I would suggest that either your display or your eyes need calibration. ;). Quite possibly, you have not selected the correct profile for your camera, or some other detail of the set-up is wrong.

As a former user of DxO, I am very familiar with the program's capabilities. One thing that I learned was that "DxO lighting" typically produces an amped-up quality to images. You may be able to control this by choosing a different pre-set or creating one of your own. That said, if you want a raw convertor that renders beautifully and produces gorgeous colors, try Capture One.

Rob

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow