Started Jun 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
yankeeslover
Regular MemberPosts: 117
Like?
GF3-buyers remorse?? please help a beginner
Jun 9, 2012

Im so sorry about all my mulitple post.. I have been posting better part of two weeks now... month ago i decided to upgrade from a basic P&S to a mirrorless camera.. I went to store and tried out a few cameras including the gf3, nikon j1 and sony nex c3. Out of all three cameras I liked the fell of the GF3 the best, but not by much... i went weeks reading reviews and driving myself bonkers.. finally about two weeks ago I found an online special on the GF3 with the 14-42mm kit lens for only $300.00. at that price I made a decision..this was almost $150.00 cheaper then the other cameras.

this is what i do with a camera. i am not looking for professional pics even though that would be nice, but seriously im just a normal everyday person with a family looking for a nice camera that does it all. DSLRS are nice but my price range was around $400.00 and I couldnt find any dslr around that price. as this board helped me last week I use camera alot for my daughter outdoor soccer, i learned from this board to control the shutter speed and iso and i got decent shots with the gf3. most i printed out and hung on wall and people comment on them.nice.... what im struggling with this camera is that alot of normal pics especially indoors they are very blah.... they dont jump out... even in alot of light it just seems color is off... just blah.. now im wondering if i should send the camera back and pay the extra 150 for the c3 or the 1j? or are my issues more to do with the kit lens then the camera? i have no idea what different lenses do other then a 200mm which i will by for zooming in.. i see that lumix has a nice 20mm pancake lens, would this replace my 14-42mm lens and i can get away with a 20mm pancake and the 42-200 zoom? im sorry this is so long.. i just hate to send this camera back and get another camera in the same group and also be unhappy with those cameras-kit lens... I thaught 300.00 would be a steal for this camera but pics just dont jump out at me.. and now im also hearing that olympus jpegs are much sharper/jump out at you pics.. and now im wondering if i should have gone that route.... PLEASE HELP..lol

Nikon 1 J1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow