ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Rogier Bos
Regular MemberPosts: 181
Like?
D800, Eye-Fi and Mac question
Jun 9, 2012

Hi,

I have a D800 and a (SanDisk) EyeFi card. The camera puts medium-sized JPG's on the Eye-Fi card, which it then transmits to a nearby Mac. Works fine.

The Eyefi card came with installation software on it. I take it this software is important, especially when I want to use a different computer (I will need to run the install software again). So I'd like to keep that software.

But I would like to delete the images stored on the card once the shoot is complete and a new shoot starts.

I could format the card in the computer, but fear that I might delete the software also.

But when I connect the camera (with the card in it) to my Mac, my OSX doesn't show the camera. Lightroom comes up, wanting to import the images on the disk, but Finder doesn't show anything. So now I can't delete images, or copy the software to a safe place on my HD.

How come Finder doesn't show the camera? And how I can I change this?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Rogier
Rotterdam, The Netherlands (and admittedly a bit of a Mac novice)

Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow