Started Jun 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Shotcents
Senior MemberPosts: 3,886Gear list
Like?
Really Worried About AF!
Jun 9, 2012

My D800 has been shipped and will be in my hand next week. I must admit that the very loud and constant cries about the AF issue have me worried. There seems to be every indication that Nikon has NOT fixed the problem with recent bodies having the same issue. My friend just picked up his second D800 and it has the issue. His earlier body is perfect.

It seems to me that this was not a production run issue, but an ongoing manufacturing flaw and QC problem. It is not "going away" and it's certainly not fixed yet. Nor does it appear that Nikon has been working to resolve this problem for the D800 has a product overall. Some bean-counter may have decided they'll lose less money by dealing with the problem on a per-camera basis.

But if that's the case they are making a terrible mistake. The internet forums and customer reviews will eventually seriously damage the D800 reputation and ultimate sales potential if they don't get this handled quickly.

My D800 will be carefully put through it's paces next week and I'll report back. No one should be shy about reporting these issues.

Robert

Shotcents's gear list:Shotcents's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P7700 Nikon D800 Nikon D5200 Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +10 more
Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow