Started Jun 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
michaeljberman
Senior MemberPosts: 1,290Gear list
Like?
Will 802.11ac be on the new systems?
Jun 9, 2012

I have not read a lot of rumors about if Apple will be going with 802.11ac next week or stay with .11n till the next go around.

I know Apple was (one of?) the first in the 802.11n game and did a great job. With 2 or more other .11ac systems out there now (or say they are out) do you thank Apple can miss .11ac on this go round?

I know that there will need to be new air ports and TM's but that should be all part of the game.

All this talk of iTV (I know that could be a 2013 project) and the iPhones and iPads, and computers it sounds like there will need to be a lot more bandwidth running around the home.

I did see a "leaked photo" of the "New MBP 13" that listed .11n, but was it real?

Well if my vote counts, I will be in for a new TM with .11ac to help my wires new iMac (when it comes out)

She has told me we will be getting one of the iTV's when they come out, and I would hope to have my network upgraded to .11ac before that time.

Thanks, I feel better now. . . .

Mike
--
If you have low standards, you can take a look:
http://michaeljberman.zenfolio.com

michaeljberman's gear list:michaeljberman's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 17-35mm f/2.8D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/3.5-5.6G ED-IF VR Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D +4 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow