Topaz PhotoFXLab

Started Jun 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
harrygilbert
Senior MemberPosts: 2,799Gear list
Like?
My thoughts on Topaz Labs and photoFXlab
In reply to Mike Tussy, Jun 9, 2012

Many applications and plug-ins from many vendors have had issues, some minor, and some serious. Many (most?) have dragged their heels in resolving the issues, and some have released fixes only in a new version requiring more payment.

Topaz has always stood behind their products, and have always had what I consider to be the best upgrade and fix release policies in the industry.

I salute the gracious and professional way Topaz Labs is handling the problems with this initial release of photoFXlab, and look forward to the new release. I am confident that they will address every issue, and that photoFXlab will turn out to be a great product.

Cannot understand why some people do not have even a modicum of patience. Topaz has an excellent record of fixing glitches AND ADDING NEW FEATURES; we have got along fine without this product in our past workflow, so the issues are not a show-stopper. I cannot help but compare to my experiences with another vendor of some process mapping software that released a version that crashed every time I did a discrete event simulation. At first, their support team denied the problem, then told me it would be fixed in the next release - in 6-8 months! This was a $2500 per copy application. For crying out loud, Topaz released this for $29.95. Give 'em a break!

harrygilbert's gear list:harrygilbert's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 50D Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Canon EOS-1D X Canon EF 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye +17 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow