Is the D3200 better than the D7000?

Started Jun 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
Drawn90
New MemberPosts: 18Gear list
Like?
Re: Is the D3200 better than the D7000?
In reply to drifit, Jun 8, 2012

Smaller is not necessarily better - that's something else (on a long list of somethings) that is specific to individual users. If the OP, or any other poster, has smallish hands, then a smaller body may be "better". When I was looking at cameras, with the intent to buy, I looked at the D3100, the D5100 & the D7000 (the Canon ergonomics were all "wrong" for me - do you suppose I have "Nikon hands"?). The D7000 felt better in my hands (I have largish hands), so that makes it the "better" camera for me.

Unless you intend to print all of your photographs at poster size or are a professional photographer, a 12 MP sensor (in an APS-C size body) provides more than enough detail. Larger pixel-count sensors, and the extra detail they provide, are the 'icing on the cake"!

-- hide signature --

Drew

Drawn90's gear list:Drawn90's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di VC USD Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
No!!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow