LCD monitor brightness?

Started Jun 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
NewsyL
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,401
Like?
Re: thanks all
In reply to GHwell, Jun 8, 2012

GHwell wrote:

I do not even undestand some of the stuff you are talking about both lcd are less than two years old. I do know that the further away form the monitors you get the darker they get They both plug into a usb port As long as my crt stays running I am OK just looking to the future.

?? plug into a usb port ??

Do you mean a Displayport perhaps? Are these large desktop LCD monitors or something else?

Why not simply tell us the MODEL number of the Dell displays.....

When I mentioned "TN" it is a type of tft LCD matrix. Just as CRT's had preferred tubes (i.e. Sony Trinitron), LCD monitors have different matrix's and some have definite short comings. The best quality monitors currently use an IPS matrix.

LUT = Look Up Table

Especially with Windows OS PC's, but also to some extent with Mac's, the color sent to your monitor is altered in part by an ICC profile unique to the monitor connected off the video card port. Up until a couple of years ago, if you wanted to ensure that with two or more monitors that each was perfectly calibrated to an international color standard, you had to use a separate video card for each monitor. If you didn't, the ICC profile for your primary monitor would also be applied to the 2nd and 3rd monitor and their colors would not be accurate.

If you use a hardware calibrator with a PC or Mac, it not only calibrates the monitor but it creates an ICC profile unique to that monitor. Every monitor, even if the same model, will have an electronic characteristic that is unique. Hence, you need to ensure that in a multi monitor system each monitor is supplied its own unique ICC profile which loads at boot up.

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow