Topaz PhotoFXLab

Started Jun 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
JudyN
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,835Gear list
Like?
Re: Topaz PhotoFXLab
In reply to harrygilbert, Jun 8, 2012

This does not please me. I do not like products that take a lot of my time to keep them running. I run my notebook without access to the internet frequently. I have a lake place with no internet or cell phone service. This sounds worse than Adobe with Photoshop. I feel like formally complaining to them, but since I'm not going to buy this product, I really have no knowledge.

I would think their products are inexpensive enough that they should be able to get enough profit without harrassing their paying customers. I trust them to take care of glitches, but I still HATE hassles with licenses. Oh, I trust them until Corel buys them...

harrygilbert wrote:

Topaz has also initiated a new registration scheme. Instead of getting a serial number to activate the program, you must create an "account" and register your newly-installed copy over the internet. When you run the program thereafter, if connected, the application checks Topaz' server to validate registration. If not connected, you must re-enter your "account" information to use the program or plug-in. In response to my inquiry, Topaz said, "You will need internet access to initially register your computer. After that initial registration you should be able to enter in your email address to the program, and it will recognize you as a current user. You are able to put this on 3 PCS and 3 MACS, so that is up to 6 computers. And then if you go 'over' that limit, it will uninstall it from the first registered."

-- hide signature --
 JudyN's gear list:JudyN's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Sony SLT-A77 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow