Coming to Scotland from the US for golf and pics

Started Jun 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
sync frame
Regular MemberPosts: 380
Like?
Re: Coming to Scotland from the US for golf and pics
In reply to Trevor2121, Jun 8, 2012

There are several old and still functional fishing villages in the East Nook of Fife below St. Andrews. If you enjoy walking, you could walk as far down the Fife Costal Path from St. Andrews as you wanted, weather permitting, and you'd get some lovely beach and landscape photography opportunities. If you catch the coastal bus, you could instead start in Crail and walk down to Pittenweem, and then get the bus back from Pittenweem. On the way one can stop in Anstruther, which (arguably) has the best fish and chips in the UK (at the Anstruther fish bar). Pittenweem's fleet still comprises wooden ships, and the little harbour makes for beautiful photographs.

There isn't much in the way of mountains in Fife, but you'll see plenty of those as you head west. From Glasgow, it's a fairly easy trip and then walk up to the summit of Ben Lomond, which has beautiful scenery and is feasible for a day trip.

Trevor2121 wrote:

Hello All,

I will be vacationing in Scotland in a few weeks mainly for golf but want to snap a few thousand pics while there. Could anyone suggest a few beauty spots that I should not miss while there. I will be in Edinburgh, North Berwick, St. Andrews, Dundee, Carnoustie, Prestwick, Ayr, Glasgow and points in between.

Any ideas or direction is greatly appreciated.

Cam

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow