To B&H and Henryp - I canceled my order.

Started Jun 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Junior MemberPosts: 40
To B&H and Henryp - I canceled my order.
Jun 8, 2012

Henryp -

I preordered a D800 from B&H Feb. 8th. But to you, customer service is secondary to your competitive advantage. Last month I tired of your excuses and explanations. I went to Ace Photo in Ashburn, VA. To Ace, excellent customer service IS their competitive advantage.

Ace told me my approximate position in line and estimated a date for me given their history of Nikon deliveries. Each time I called they gave me updated information. Last week they told me I wouldn't get my camera this week unless a couple of people canceled - but I would get it next week. People canceled and Ace called me. I received my camera Wednesday night.

Ace probably faces more competition than you - Calumet bought their nearest competitor and they are a traditional, old fashioned store facing the Internet superstores. But they are professionals who respect part-time professionals like me. They realize that I need information for budgeting and job planning. So they are honest, but helpful and supportive.

B&H will get no more business from me. Ace and my local stores will.

-- hide signature --

Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow