ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Pimpleportrait
Senior MemberPosts: 1,087
Like?
Backing up Solutions-Help Needed
Jun 8, 2012

Hi Forum,

I am sure that there are many here who are more knowledgeable than I in the matter of backing up solutions.

I have a Mac Book Pro, with a 250gig drive. Presently I am just manually copying my RAW and processed Tiff files into several portable hard drives. I am not using Time Machine as I do at times work on my Laptop alone without an external drive connected. (I use Time Machine) on my Desktop)

What would your choice of backing up be? I have downloaded Carbon Copy Cloner which I understand is a bootable drive. Could any of you good folk please explain to me the differences between Time Machine and Carbon Copy Cloner? I am still planning to do manual back-up files to external drives but often do worry if my laptop crashes, I should have a whole mirrored/bootable drive to keep things going.

What should the size of my mirrored drive be?

Should I reformat my external drive, then follow the instructions on Partitioning (don't know what this means) on the Help menu.

Thanks Heaps.

Cheers,

Ben

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow