ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jacktorrance
Regular MemberPosts: 107
Like?
Replicating Headshot Lighting + Background
Jun 8, 2012

Hi All,

I have been shooting event and architectural photography for a while now with a lot of repeat work from a particular client.

They have approached me with a request to provide a series of management headshots intended to sit alongside an existing set that was shot some years ago and which I have attached below.

This is the first opportunity I will have had to create studio-type headshots - I have no experience in this particular field.

I wonder if someone could help with the following questions:

• How might I best go about achieving a background with the exact same colour as that used in the existing set of images? Should this be a PP exercise?

• Is it generally possible for one to set up a temporary studio by hiring/purchasing the background screen, lighting stands etc...and transporting them to the location? Is this generally a one-man task?

• I would be aiming to achieve the same lighting and anticipate that three speedlites; one for fill, one for off camera to the left and one for background should be adequate but would welcome any suggestions.

Appreciate any advice.

Thanks.

Nick/

-- hide signature --
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow