Najinsky
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,597
Like?
Re: I kind of like it
In reply to ayt, Jun 8, 2012

ayt wrote:

Najinsky wrote:

The forum has a designation:

"Welcome to the Olympus SLR Talk Forum, the place to discuss Olympus E series digital SLR cameras (Micro Four Thirds models should be discussed on the Micro Four Thirds Talk forum)."

while that is true, systems evolve and the current offerings may not reflect what the designation originally referenced.

take the designation for Sony SLR, for example:
"Welcome to the Sony SLR Talk Forum, the place to discuss Sony Digital SLRs."

Sony doesn't offer any SLRs in its current lineup, with it being effectively replaced by the SLT line. however, the forum is filled with SLT talk, supplanting SLRs as the main focus. with your reasoning, it would make more sense to create a Sony SLT talk and discourage SLT talk in SLR talk. report everything for not being Sony SLR.

That isn't my reasoning. About 18 months ago (perhaps a bit longer) DPR started moving threads from one forum to a more 'appropriate' one based on the forum designation, and also announced they were looking to appoint moderators to take on the role.

I was enquiring whether this was happening here, or, as the E-M5 is still new, if it was likely to happen here based on its current participants feelings.

In terms of my own agenda, I would like to see E-M5 discussions welcomed here because I think the M43 forum is broken and this seems the most logical alternative.

Regards,
-Najinsky

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow