Why do m4/3 shooters feel threated so by "Equivalence" ???

Started Jun 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
Anders W
Forum ProPosts: 16,877Gear list
Like?
Re: that remains the best link :)
In reply to Great Bustard, Jun 8, 2012

Great Bustard wrote:

I tend to compare the "quality" of lenses at the same AOV and DOF. I can't quite find the sense in comparing wide open when the DOFs are different, just like I can't quite find the sense in comparin UWA to telephoto.

Nevertheless, you just did. You said the FF 24/1.4s had more DoF control and more light-gathering ability. Now how can you say that if you insist that DoF must always be kept constant for comparison.

Oh dear -- did you just say there's not enough blur?

You bet ya'! You should have used your MF camera with 50/1.4 for this. Or taken a few steps backwards into that arcade right behind you and put on your 150/3.6.

Myself, I don't know the history. I imagine, just as now, there were people who liked shallow DOF, and people who didn't, and what constituted "too shallow" was subjective.

In all likelihood you are right. There are always individual exceptions no matter what the predominant thought patterns are like. The issue here what was à la mode and not, and that's different for sure.

Anders W's gear list:Anders W's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +21 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Heh!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow