Started Jun 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
cambomj
Regular MemberPosts: 199Gear list
Like?
Re: Yosemite with a 7D?
In reply to gdanmitchell, Jun 8, 2012

gdanmitchell wrote:

ktownbill wrote:

I noticed that you are from AUS? If this is your only trip to California then you definitely must visit Sequoia National Park about a 4hr drive south of Yosemite. Ck it out on Google Images. If you go there make sure you check the weather for possible snow showers. Generally there is no snow there in Nov.

Maybe. But the choice isn't quite the slam-dunk you make it out to be.

First, I'm a big fan of SEKI. I've visited the place for decades and spent months or more all told on the back-country trails there. I'm especially fond of the very high country in the upper Kern River drainage, but there are other really astonishing things in this park.

However, if one is at all limited as to visiting time, coming in California, and not prepared for some difficult-weather back-country travel... I still have to say that it might not be a great idea to give up part of a short stay in The Valley in order to drive down to the wonderfulness that is SEKI, especially in November.

Been to CAL 3 times before but this is the first I am going outside the city limits. Definately wont be the last time either so what i can squeeze in now and what we can check out for next time. I'm also ther for Thanksgiving! Not sure what to do yet but the thought of spending time in the US on one of your big days really excites me and I can't wait!

cambomj's gear list:cambomj's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 24mm f/1.4L II USM Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Canon EF 20-35mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow