Started Jun 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
KFoisy
Regular MemberPosts: 406
Like?
Workflow - Backing up images
Jun 8, 2012

I thought I would share with you a utility that I came across. It's for mac, so if you're PC you won't likely want to read any further.

As part of my workflow, I import images from my SD cards to a portable drive. I had been using a firewire drive but recently upgraded to a Seagate thunderbolt dock and with 7200rpm drives, I get great throughput.

The problem is, I need these drives backed up. I have a NAS device and I use a free utility called Get Backup 2. http://www.belightsoft.com/products/getbackup/overview.php

It has a backup mode called 'Synchronize' that allows me to keep a perfectly sync'd copy of my images on the NAS. My NAS is also in a different building. The software works very well, it kicks in automatically on a scheduled basis, and it's FREE! Highly recommended.

In my setup, I now have two copies of the data at all times, and with my NAS in my studio (separate building from home), I am protected from fire as well.

So, if you're looking for a cheap and easy way to do this .. check out the tool.

(I have no affiliation with the maker of this tool - just trying to share something good)

Kevin

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow