Sony SLT's - Off Cemra Flash?

Started Jun 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
jl_smith
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,315Gear list
Like?
Short Answer - No.
In reply to Tom Lombardi, Jun 8, 2012

Tom Lombardi wrote:

As a present Nikon user I use the system's off camera flash ability quite often. I am very interested in hopefully Sony offering a lower cost alternative in full frame market soon, however I am wondering if Sony has an off camera flash system that works similar to the Nikon's. I am assuming it does, but want to make sure as if it does not, it would be hard for me to consider as a real option.

I have a complete A77 with two 43AM flashes and 4 lenses, and the flash system isn't as good as Nikon.

If you're a big strobist, I would stick with Nikon. Even using the onboard commander, you have more options with Nikon than with Sony.

That's not to say Sony's system is a complete waste, because it's not, but Nikon's pretty much tops when it comes to overall strobist performance, so they're pretty hard to beat.

-- hide signature --
 jl_smith's gear list:jl_smith's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Canon EOS 6D Olympus E-M1 Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow