X-Pro 1 lack of exposure compensation in manual mode: what's the problem?

Started Jun 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
wilburpan
Regular MemberPosts: 143
Like?
Re: Take home messages for me
In reply to Apteryx6, Jun 8, 2012

Apteryx6 wrote:

wilburpan wrote:

Second is to change the ISO directly using the Fn button. Or you could go through the Q menu.

Again, that won't have any effect if you have Auto ISO set. Changing the ISO while Auto ISO is on only tells the camera what to use as a minimum ISO (which in fact serves no useful purpose other than to provide amusement to Fuji technicians at the expense of new X camera users who find that on Auto ISO their camera always selects ISO 3200 - because they have set the ISO to that or higher).

I just tried this out on my X-Pro 1. I set it to Auto ISO 3200. Took some pictures at f/5.6 1/60s to check that ISO changed according to conditions. Check.

Then I used the Fn button and the control dial to dial in ISO 2000 (not auto). Took some more pictures. All at ISO 2000. Turn the camera on and off. Still at ISO 2000. Use the Fn button and directional arrows to change to ISO 800. Same behavior — the ISO stays where I left it. Use the menu to change to ISO 1600. Same behavior. Same thing using the Q menu to change ISO.

My conclusion: ISO settings stay where you left them, whether you are in fixed ISO or Auto ISO.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
MattNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow