Do you believe successor to Panny 20mm 1.7?

Started Jun 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
Anders W
Forum ProPosts: 15,507Gear list
Like?
Re: 14mm / 25mm not successors
In reply to Mellowmark, Jun 7, 2012

Mellowmark wrote:

Anders W wrote:

Rotating front element? Where do you get that from? The 20 certainly doesn't have it.

Okay, sorry just checked and while it doesn't actually rotate as such, rather it moves in and out backwards and forwards a bit when focusing or when turning the camera on or off - my 14mm doesn't do this for example - that is what I was referring to.

Figured so. Most lenses today (but not in the past) have what is known as "internal focus", i.e., they focus by moving the lens elements relative to each other rather than by moving the whole stack of lenses in and out. The fact that the 20 moves the entire set of lens elements rather than just a few is also the primary reason why its AF is slightly slower. The lens motor has a heavier job to do.

Anders W's gear list:Anders W's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +18 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
no.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow