Installed Microsoft Security Essentials and two days later nothing works - why?

Started Jun 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
chevysales
Senior MemberPosts: 2,705Gear list
Like?
Re: moving up the ranks? MSE is dead last in detection rate
In reply to VirtualMirage, Jun 7, 2012

VirtualMirage wrote:

chevysales wrote:

While your dissertation on anything A/V related is usually quite long did you bother to see they are using version 2.1 when in fact version 4.0.1526 is latest in use with regards to MSE? There is a slightly newer beta version that some testers are running now. But why use an outdated version? It renders the testing useless for MSE.
--

D700 paired with 24-70 f2.8 and 70-200vr f2.8 along with an SB900 to brighten things up a bit....

I forgot to mention about the update to version 4.0.1526. I thought about it briefly, but chalked it up to being too new to say much about it. It was just publicly released as a final build at the end of April and the latest tests from the sites are from the March/April time frame, just before the newest version was released. But it has been in public beta since I think November of last year. So it'll probably be another month or few before these sites show results from the latest release.

Meanwhile, I'll continue to use my MSE trouble free on my Windows 7 machines.
--
Paul

Paul,

I and millions others feel the same way.
--

D700 paired with 24-70 f2.8 and 70-200vr f2.8 along with an SB900 to brighten things up a bit....

chevysales's gear list:chevysales's gear list
Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Apple iPhone 5s
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow