Started Jun 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Tom2572
Contributing MemberPosts: 954
Like?
A57 firmware wish list
Jun 7, 2012

While I've been very happy with my A57, one of the things that mildly irritates me is that Auto ISO goes to 3200. While some see it as a plus, I personally prefer to keep things at 1600 and below regardless of the camera's ability to suppress noise. I manually set ISO now which is probably not a bad thing anyway, and it never went past mild irritation until today when I read that the RX100 includes the ability to set lower and upper ISO in Auto ISO mode. Now it's gone from mildly irritating to frustration with Sony that in their quest to differentiate the SLT lineup they keep this feature from the A37/A57/A65, yet they add it to their flagship P&S. Arghh.

Sony, can you please add this feature in the next firmware? I don't think I'm asking for much here and I know it's just a software setting that could easily be added to a firmware release.

Sony RX100 Sony SLT-A37 Sony SLT-A57
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow