GH2’s new High 1080 60 bit rate on YouTube –Wow!!

Started Jun 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
J R R S
Senior MemberPosts: 1,336
Like?
How 30p is recorded as 60i
In reply to Arlene, Jun 7, 2012

Arlene wrote:

When I put it on the timeline and right click on properties it says 1080 60i. Are you telling me that's means 30P? Arlene

What's going on is, the GH2 records 30fps.

Then doubles each frame (so now we have 60fps, but with only movement recorded/changed from 30 of those 60 frames).

Each frame then gets divided into alternating horizantal lines i.e. frame 1 and 2 are identical images but all the even lines are removed for frame 1 recording only half the image height resolution, then frame 2 has all the odd lines that when combined with frame 1 gives the full vertical resolution back - but using 60 feilds to make 30 frames!

So this is why you see it as 60i but the resolution and frame recording is that of 30p!

If it was true 60i each frame would contain 2 time samples (1 for odd lines, one for even lines).

We dont care for 30p or 60i what we want is 60p! when will they make this standard!!! (and manufactors should forget AVCHD... they should just have bitrate definable MP4)!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow