Considering Buying an NEX-7: Questions

Started Jun 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
kcamacho11
Senior MemberPosts: 1,483Gear list
Like?
Re: Considering Buying an NEX-7: Questions
In reply to iJer, Jun 7, 2012

iJer wrote:

I have had my NEX 7 for 3 months now and I sold a Nikon D700 to get it.

I find the EFV the best there is out there now but if you wear glasses you might want to try one out first as the rubber surround for the the EFV is overly stiff and doesn't conform to my glasses.Yes the proximity sensor will trigger the EFV if the camera is worn with the neck strap but I use a wrist strap and no problem. The camera does start up incredibly quickly so turning it off while walking around is not a problem. The movie button is not so much a problem when shooting but it activates easily when handling

the camera. Coming from a DSLR I wish you could set a minimum shutter speed and for better low light focusing.The IQ of the camera is amazing and due to it's size I find I take it with me far more than I did my D700.

I don't think there is a perfect camera but this one is headed in the right direction provided SONY doesn't dumb down the next version.

I found it interesting you mentioned you had a D700. I had it as well. I had a D700 and my wife had a D7000. We both sold our cameras and just got one NEX-7. I take more pictures than her on our trips anyways, so one is good enough.

The D700 is a real good camera, and the D7000 as well....frankly, I just got tired of carrying them around my neck along with the other lens we had. At first it's fine, but when you spend about 2-3 hours walking around, I couldn't take it anymore.

The NEX-7 is not a perfect camera as you mentioned, but it is the perfect camera for ME. The ONLY complain I have about it is its battery life. Coming from DSLR's, going from 1000 shots to 400 shots is a big difference, but I just bought a spare one which I keep charged all the time and I am good to go.

kcamacho11's gear list:kcamacho11's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow