ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
guillealv
Forum MemberPosts: 71
Like?
DIY - micro focus adjustment
Jun 7, 2012

hi everyone,

i have a 5DmkII and i have always been quite lazy to try every lens i have and try to fine tune it with the micro adjustment... i guess i just did not see the need on the photos i took...

but lately something must have gone off because i just can't seem to get anything in focus with my EF 50mm f1.4 or the 24-105L so i started looking on the web for a micro focus adjustment scale.

i know there is a very popular solution in the shape of ancient egyptian funerary buildings but i find awkward that there is no vertical surface to really focus on. so there you go, i decided to make one myself!!

it has really helped me so i thought of giving something in return to this forum and share it with anyone who might find it useful... the pdf in the link should ideally be printed in A3. a good photographic paper (not too thick, in the range of 150g/m2) should do the trick fine.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/29571216/MicroFocus%20Adjustment.v2.pdf

i hope you guys find it as useful as i did...
cheers!
g

here are a couple of images of how it looks.

Canon EOS 5D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow