Started Jun 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
gbainbridge
Senior MemberPosts: 2,753
Like?
SPP 5.2 - oh dear :-(
Jun 7, 2012

I've just come back from my eldest son's wedding in Canada and naturally I have taken a lot of photos whilst I was there.

I shot in jpeg+raw (SD1M) as that meant that I could get quick prints at a local processor without having to take a laptop with me. The jpegs were quite acceptable, although some quite naturally could do with some tweaking.

I'm now home and trying to process the raw files, but I really can't get decent results from SPP 5.2. Reduce the exposure to get rid of clipping in the white veil and everyone looks like they've got a strong suntan. The highlight control in SPP 5.2 doesn't seem to do anything of the sort, nor does the shadow control.

I've had to resort to doing a lot of reprocessing in Photoshop to get decent results, something that I've not had to do in previous versions

Sigma, please give us some top quality software to go with your camera, or if you can't do it, please give the necessary details to someone who can. SPP 5.2 is simply not good enough.

-- hide signature --

Thanks,
Gary.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow