Yosemite with a 7D?

Started Jun 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
Mayo1434
Junior MemberPosts: 36Gear list
Like?
Re: Yosemite with a 7D?
In reply to cambomj, Jun 7, 2012

Took a trip to Yosemite last November during Thanksgiving weekend. It was absolutely beautiful. Pretty chilly, but pure sun. I think this time of the year is absolutely perfect to visit, you even get some fall colors. In the summer months, the crowds are WAY too much for me to actually enjoy the tranquility of a national park. Thanksgiving was busy, but I would suspect the remainder of Nov will be just fine. Yes, Tiago Pass will be closed, but there are a lot perfect picture spots. We took a trail which went past Mirror Lake. When we first arrived, a wonderful thin layer of ice coated the lake. After our quiet, peaceful hike, we came back to about 50 tourists slamming rocks into the beautiful lake. I guess where I am going is, if you want to take some great shots without a million people in your frame, I suggest waking up at the crack of dawn and catch the sunrise. Like any National Park, sometimes people just dont respect it the way it should be and can really ruin a great shot. Oh and prepare for hundreds of people climbing up the waterfalls, so again, get out there early.

Your going to want a very wide angle lens. You'll see what I mean when you get there. The landscape is incredible. Also, the wildlife is abundant and (unfortunately) very used to humans, so the deer get very close to you.

Have a great trip and Happy Shooting!

Mayo1434's gear list:Mayo1434's gear list
Canon EOS 60D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow