Started Jun 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Math Brisk
Forum MemberPosts: 65
Like?
SX230 vs SX260, confusion!
Jun 7, 2012

Well as much as I love my trusty XSi, I am looking for a camera that I could use on trips down south, especially for snorkeling and possibly diving in the future.

I already went through a water proof Olympus that was disastrous, a Kodak flipcam that died after 2 days and finally a much more expensive Panasonic TS2 which also died within a few days. All of those due to water damage even though I took great care of them. Sadly they also were failry poor performers to begin with.

In the end I'm looking at either the SX230 or SX260 (or the GPS less version if cheaper). In Canada the newer model is roughly 50$ more expensive and the waterproof casing another extra 30$ or so.

That being said, the dpreview for the SX260 was very harsh while they seem to have immensly praised it's predescessor, the SX230.

Both cameras only came out barely a year after the other one which makes me wonder how one could be spectacular and the other very disapointing.

Did I miss something somewhere and would I be better off with the older model?

Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS2 (Lumix DMC-FT2)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow