Started Jun 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Andy Hewitt
Senior MemberPosts: 2,670Gear list
Like?
E-330 has arrived.
Jun 7, 2012

Looks like a good'un too. It's in very clean condition, and only has 3264 on the shutter count. Just a very slight mark on the view screen, but nothing serious.

It came with a 14-45 attached, but after a bit of testing, I'm keeping the 14-42 to use with it (actually, it's really nicely balanced with the 14-42 attached).

I've only taken a few quick backyard test shots, but it looks good to me (sadly a dull and breezy day, so not easy to get a sharp shot. Image quality seems fine as far as I can tell.

In comparison to the E-1, I think I can live with this. The Live View A mode is really handy, and I can already see me using this a lot. The ergonomics are OK for me, it fits my hand pretty well, and most of the controls are familiar enough.

The extra pixel count does seem to make enough difference too. I do have a tendency to crop a fair bit, especially for wide landscape shots. I think this'll help a bit.

I'm quite impressed by the exposures. Already I can see the histogram is far different to any of my other cameras, it fills the scale well, but still manages to avoid clipping - highlights are well under control, and it doesn't seem to need any -ev. It even seems better than the E-1.

My E-1 is only on a shutter count of 9305, but I think I'm happy for the change now, so it'll be up on eBay very soon. Any thoughts as to whether to bundle everything, or sell the bits separately? (HLD-2, Remote, Eyecup etc.).

I now believe the E-330 is the camera I should have had all along. Hopefully the weather will clear up soon, so I can get some better comparative pictures.

All the best

-- hide signature --

Andy Hewitt

Andy Hewitt's gear list:Andy Hewitt's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-S1 Fujifilm X-S1 Apple Aperture Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5 Apple iPhone 4S
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow